Sometimes, while at the bar or hanging out with folks I email things to myself – the name of the bartender, a movie or book someone recommended, etc. Often, I'd come across something at work and email a link from my work email to my personal email account.
Over time, I've forgotten about many of these things. But since I need to clean up my email box, I'm just going to post them here so that they can languish in another medium.
- Blood Meridian
- The journal of a tour made by Señor Juan de Vega [pseud.] the Spanish minstrel of 1828-9, through Great Britain and Ireland, a character assumed by an English gentleman.
- The Master and the Margarita
- Capturing Analog Sound for Digital Preservation: Report of a Roundtable Discussion of Best Practices for Transferring Analog Discs and Tapes
- I think I just wanted to read the forward/preface.
- Last Days Here: music documentary.
- Saw this when I was a teenager on the Discovery Channel. I'd been looking for it for years.
- From the description: This story, along with its characters and backgrounds, was taken from the Rocket Robin Hood episode "Dimentia Five."
- These should be required viewing by librarians, especially those interested in digitization, etc.
- "Force has no place where there is need of skill."
- This is very similar to Fernando Sor's principal of gaining more from skill than from strength with regard to guitar playing.
The link to the comic is http://xkcd.com/1199/.--------------